Why Triple Crown?
Why Would I Want To Be An Owner/Operator?
1) Desire to operate your own business. Owner/Operators are small business owners. If you like the concept of running your own business, then being an owner/operator may be a good decision.
2) Manage your time. As a small business owner, you generally control your schedule, but you also are a service provider to people who depend on you. You’ll have increased flexibility but also commitments on your time.
3) Equipment. You can purchase your own tractor! As a company driver, you are subject to the equipment provided to you by your employer. As an owner/operator, you can choose your tractor and the accessories you want for that tractor. Be smart in what you want to have and what you need to have for your tractor; it is your primary means of generating revenue.
4) Revenue. You will generate more revenue as an owner/operator than you do as a company driver. However, you also have different expenses that you may not have as an employee driver, such as fuel, certain taxes, maintenance costs for the tractor, and health insurance. You need to be sure to look at being an owner/operator from all angles. Ask lots of questions to current owner/operators, potential companies, and any source that would not be directly related to you becoming an owner/operator for their company, such as a consulting firm.
Why Triple Crown Services Company?
1) Opportunity. Triple Crown provides an opportunity for you to be an owner/operator and to be home daily. Triple Crown is a road and rail carrier with terminals covering the eastern 32 states.
2) Revenue. Triple Crown provides revenue equal to that earned in most over-the-road dry van carriers and still provides the opportunity to be home daily. Our average 1099 revenue was over $160,000 for 2014. We have some owner/operators who gross over $200,000 per year and still are home nightly!
3) Programs. You will have a large list of programs to fit your needs as a small business owner. Weekly detailed commission statements, base plate program, permits, fuel tax filing, 24hr roadside assistance, annual rate increases, bonus programs, online commission statement access, direct deposit, health and dental benefit programs, and much more.
4) Commitment to your success! Triple Crown’s management team takes your success seriously. We monitor revenue levels and discuss with anyone who is falling below a revenue level that is acceptable to them. We have calls between the owner/operators and our dispatch team to ensure that everyone is working to maintain our owner/operators’ financial success. And, for first-year owner/operators, Triple Crown provides access to financial management to assist in your transition to a business owner.
What Triple Crown Can Offer You
- All dispatched miles are paid -- loaded and empty!
- Contract fee for each load delivered or picked up
- Fuel surcharge applied to all dispatched miles, loaded and empty.
- Customer detention paid after the 1st hour! And the hourly rate increases the longer you are detained.
- Mechanical detention paid if you are waiting on the highway for service for our trailer.
- Automatic annual rate increase for each year up to 5 years with Triple Crown TCS!
- Semi-annual safety and performance recognition.
- Reimbursement for clean roadside inspection.
Business Assistance Programs
- Base plates available with installment repayment.
- Permit service.
- Fuel tax filing.
- Collision and bobtail insurance. Installment payments with no upfront cost to you.
- Occupational accident/injury insurance.
- Worker’s compensation insurance for small fleets.
- Weekly detailed statements with quick online access.
- Direct deposit for commissions.
- Fuel Discounts at large chains. Supported with Comdata app for current pricing.
- 24hr roadside assistance for your tractor at no charge to you
- Fleet purchasing power for tires and service.
- Omni Tracs communication.
Triple Crown is primarily a local dray carrier. This means that we operate within 150 miles of each terminal. For those who prefer longer hauls, there are opportunities available in select locations, such as Texas and Kansas.
Local pickups and deliveries benefit you:
1) Ease of operating in familiar locations.
2) Tractor service from local providers you know and trust.
3) Lower operating costs for fuel.
4) Predictable home time allows for more family life. Most operators are home daily.
In the event of slow freight availability in the home terminal, our owner/operators can provide service in other locations. Our dispatch team will look for and offer available work in other terminals.